Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 iOS 6 App Store asking for password for app update

iPhone 5 iOS 6 still asking for App Store password when trying to update an app. My girl friends iOS 6 iPhone 4 does not!

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 3:13 PM

9 replies

Oct 1, 2012 9:05 PM in response to monkeyman905

Monkeyman905: try checking in to your credit card or debit card acct to make sure you have enough funds in your credit card balances and your paid Apps are cleared , no owed of bills. { Even you just updated your apps too} beCause some of those maybe still processing you PAID APPS. OR it was a free apps they still want you to have good n cleared card and enough funds. This is how I solved mine when it kept asking me for wrong info. And wrong code. Then when I check my credit card I don't have enough money on my card. So I put in a different credit card with enough funds , it logged me right in no problem. (Problem solved for me) so please try these may be you'll get lucky and stop those annoying messages. 100% work. Don't forget to give me 5*****

Thanks

Oct 1, 2012 10:13 PM in response to koskyr

Koskyr: for your cases have you had 2 different email for your iPad and your new iPhone 5 ? Or you had changed your email when you setting up your new iPhone 5? Or if you set up your phone as (new phone ) or you just restore from your old one ? Think how you did them again when you setting up your new iphone. This issue is similar to me . Your old apps you had download before if you ever change Email, only the new email you have changed could be sign in and download or get updated . need to know first if you've changed your email ) then i probably could help you more. the old apps that you already download before won't work with you new set up. So next time you try to UPDATED look to see if you had 2 different email. If this is the case then your update wont work. And it doesn't matter if you had the same password it still won't update your previous purchase apps. So please try this out and I'm not a professional too I just want to see if we can help each other . (( Oh by the way I c u had an iPhone 5 , did you have problem connecting to your home wifi network ? Because my iphone 5 and a lot more people with new phone Had issue with wifi And I'm still trying to get help too ))

Thanks , good luck n don't forget to give me result too .

Oct 2, 2012 9:24 PM in response to koskyr

My problems solved when i changed to a new credit card , but I'm sorry it didn't help you with my suggestions. I would call and ask them why if I were you. We have paid lots of money for their Apps and they are the one who made a lot of money. It's not right they treated us like that. Thanks for reply. Good luck again hope someone will help you.

Oct 4, 2012 2:43 PM in response to Bryen67

Ive tried that but sadly this has not resolved the issue. I had some details missing from my card info i.e title wa snot selected so i sorted that but this didnt help. Every thing else was ok, enough funds correct details. My G/F doesnt even have a card set up to her account as far as i can remember she just downloads free apps and they update with no password. Not end of the world its just a little annoying knowing there is a bug somewhere. As for Settings > General > Restrictions > Allowed Content > Require Pasword she has the same settings as me.

iPhone 5 iOS 6 App Store asking for password for app update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.