Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So I tried connecting my iPhone 5 to my computer and it didnt work even though my computer finds it. When it did that and my bluetooth keyboard went dead because of the batteries I noticed not only won't my phone connect but now even my keyboard will not.

I have no idea how to make my bluetooth work on my computer again but everything is screwed up and I need my bluetooth keyboard. I use it when working.

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 6:44 PM

Ok so nevermind about everything being screwed up. Apparently you have to hold the button on the keyboard while it's trying to pair.... Some sort of notice of this would be nice. Most people would not try this.

10 replies

Sep 26, 2012 9:17 AM in response to japamac

@ Japa Mac Thanks, but no thanks there buddy. First off I already got my keyboard to pair without instructions. Secondly, just so I would know that they really don't help I read these so called instructions. They do not tell you that you have to press the on/off button again while it's trying to pair. I wasn't doing that at first and my keyboard would not pair. They do not tell you this in the on screen "instructions" either. As soon as I hit the button while it was trying to pair, boom, it paired.

Sep 27, 2012 6:54 PM in response to Dave MM.

Apparently it was connecting to my computer. I just saw this moble me thing on my finder and assumed that when you sync your phone it would come up on the desktop. I am new to the iPhone, this is my first one. It was syncing everything just fine.

I also thought I was having trouble syncing my apps... I foolishly thought I would never use the app store on my phone so I turned it off. Apparently when you do that you cant sync your apps from your computer to your phone. I never would have guessed. Took some troubleshooting but I finally got it. Everything is working just perfect.

Thanks for your time LordZedd. Much appreciated.

So I tried connecting my iPhone 5 to my computer and it didnt work even though my computer finds it. When it did that and my bluetooth keyboard went dead because of the batteries I noticed not only won't my phone connect but now even my keyboard will not.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.