Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote App for Iphone & Ipad not working properly with new IOS update

Eversince I updated the IOS of the Apple TV a couple of days ago I can not use the Iphone or Ipad remote app to play any of my video playlists that I had already created and used hundreds of times. If I select a title anywhere in the playlist to begin playback all I get is the app resetting itself to "connecting to" the apple TV devices; nothing will play. If I use the on-screen display to access the playlist then they work correctly, but that takes a lot more steps than what is needed with using the remote apps. PLEASE FIX THIS

Apple TV, iOS 5.1, ATV 3

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 8:43 AM

20 replies

Sep 26, 2012 11:18 AM in response to b j t

I am running version 2.4 which looks to be the latest version. I'm hoping a newer version comes out that fixes this. I'm also interested in seeing if anyone else has this problem with video playlists, I haven't tried a music playlist yet, I will when I get home tonight. If anyone else who's reading this has some video playlists try to start a playback with a title about halfway down the playlist and see if it plays when using the remote app.

Sep 26, 2012 2:20 PM in response to Symphonyhd

I have the same problem. Just upgraded that appletv and it does exactly what you describe. I select an time the playlist, then the apple tv seems to restart (the screen goes to the spinning dial and then bak to the star card screen) and the remote app reconnects t the apple tv. The same is for my iPad running. 5.1 and the latest remote app and the iPhone running iOS 6 and the same version. Wish i could revert to the old version the apple TV.

Sep 29, 2012 6:27 AM in response to Symphonyhd

Hi, I have been using the remote app for quite a while, and it worked great! Now, I've just updated it no longer works at all! I have the original Apple TV, with lots of purchased, movies, music, seasonal television and old television shows, that I can no longer watch! I just spent $19.99 for an HD movie, and can't view that either! I've spoken to Apple about it, but they're not really concerned, and it's so fustraiting! All I want is to be able to go back to the original remote so that I can view the things I've purchased!

Sep 30, 2012 6:48 PM in response to Symphonyhd

I am also having same problem. I am not sure which upgrade is a problem though.

here are my devices, their version and status

iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 - remote app 2.4 - remote app reinstalled - no Apple TV, no home sharing.

iPhone 4 iOS 6. - remote app 2.4 - remote app reinstalled - no Apple TV, no home sharing.

iPad 2 iOS 6. - remote app 2.4 - remote app reinstalled - working, shows all Apple TVs and home sharing

Apple TV2 - 5.1(5201) - home sharing not working

Apple TV3 - not upgraded - home sharing working

I had installed remote on iPad and iPhone 4S multiple times. iPad suddenly started working.

I have not upgraded ATV3 because I am afraid that if I upgrade that it will same issue.

Any thoughts, work arounds?

Remote App for Iphone & Ipad not working properly with new IOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.