Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi disconnected after lock screen (iOS 6)

I work in a place with no cellular reception, so I completely rely on WiFi to receive message, and calling.

Everything was good until updated to iOS 6. The WiFi always disconnected after lock screen. It means that I can't rely on any notification through WiFi now, and since I don't have signal, basically I'm completely isolated from the world.

I know this was an issue befor iOS 4, and since iOS 4, Apply decided to keep WiFi connected even when it's locked. I don't know why iOS 6 went back to the old issue again.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 6:18 PM

55 replies

Oct 4, 2012 12:56 AM in response to loceanus

I have the same problem, and it is definitely irritating to see such bugs and bad programming from such a company, especially with many earlier OS releases. You would think that the new IOS6 would be many additional features on top of all the good features of previous iOS's.

I read somewhere that by the end of October an update will be released to cover most of the bugs that came out since the official release of iOS6, but then again, what is the purpose of the Beta Testing Phase if not to fix such basic issues.

I hope they would turn their attention to this as soon as possible.

Oct 8, 2012 10:39 AM in response to loceanus

I had the same issue and I managed to resolve it right now (it seems to have been fixed, not sure on the long term :s).

Anyway try these to steps:

-hard reset your device (press and hold home+sleep button untill the iPhone turns on again)

-In Settings>General>Reset choose Reset Network Settings.

After that reconnect to your wifi and the issue should be resolved, at least that's what helped me :)

Oct 21, 2012 11:03 PM in response to IPIRAF

IPIRAF wrote:

Thank you nizarsultani, It appears that it works.

But you would have to delete all your saved network profiles, and you would have to wait to be in range to reconfigure them, but it is worth it, for me at least, since i'm on a limited data plan and i need to be connected to wifi whenever it is available

I'm sorry for a wrong post 😐 after a few hours the problem appeared again. I'm sorry I didn't post earlier.

Still waiting for a solutions. A permanent one.

WiFi disconnected after lock screen (iOS 6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.