Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime not working for IOS6 on Ipad 2 16Gb Wifi

Hi there,

I have a Ipad 2 16Gb Wifi. I had IOS 5.1 installed and was using facetime on a regular basis.

I updated to IOS6.

Since then Facetime does not work.

Tried to change date from Automatic to manual and back to automatic.

Change DNS settings to to auto. Reset Network Settings.

Still was not able to go past Verifying your account on Facetime.

Then Suddenly i stopped my house WIFI and made a new WIFI HotSpot from my Cell phone ..and Connected the WIFI on IPAD.

Now I was able to verify the account and make a Video Call via Facetime. STRANGE....

So i felt its solved...

I moved back to my house WIFI Connection and now while makeing a call it says Call Lost ... Try Again. Never Connects...

Repeated the process and used Cell Phone WIFI HotSpot and Can make a call via Facetime again.

How can i use my House WIFI connection to connect to Facetime ?

Please help me here.

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 11:14 PM

12 replies

Apr 21, 2013 5:35 AM in response to Nishit Pillay

It isn't only FaceTime and iMessage. The notifications for things like Facebook Instagram find my friends don't pop up either the apps work Facebook and such but the notifications don't come on.. And I can't seem to communicate via iMessage this is so frsutrating. I thought updating it would solve it but it only made the problem more permanent... Apple seems to allow bugs like this in SUCH a time when they release their new product. I just want my iPad to be able to FaceTime with my wifi here.. I don't know how to mess with the channels of the router and all that. Ahhh he anyone?

Apr 22, 2013 9:50 AM in response to ShanaDagny

In my case i found it to be a network connectivity issue. The wifi channel was 11 so I changed it back to 6. Then the connectivity issue resolved itself. It also improved my wifi range for my iphone. It was moved to 11 since no one around the area had it to 11.

hope that helps to address your connectivity issue.

Facetime not working for IOS6 on Ipad 2 16Gb Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.