Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 5 headphones don't work. What do I do?

Just opened up my new headphones and they were static right away but when I twisted it around a little it worked.. In one ear. Ugh! I've been putting off buying headphones because I knew I would be getting these soon. They also sometimes pick up the music but no the voice and sounds really weird. If i accidentally touch it the music stops completely. Anyways, what am I supposed to do with them? They came with my phone so how am I supposed to return them? Is anymore else having problems with them?

Headphones-OTHER

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 12:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 5:27 AM

I had that too. I literally got my 5 yesterday. Just put in my headphones and it only works in the left ear. If I jiggle it around it just makes a crackling noise. That's pretty annoying. I guess I will take it to the apple store and see what they say.

16 replies

Dec 29, 2012 6:06 PM in response to Allirenae

Sharing this again here in hopes that my find will help others:

I had this issue also and found that I needed to push the headphones connector way more into the iPhone. Actually discovered that while holding them in to get them to work and accidentally pushed them and they went in all the way. Now they are perfectly secure and no more crackling and the volume buttons on the remote portion actually work now. Hope this helps many solve this issue. I know it did me cuz I was about to take my iPhone to an Apple store since I got in only days ago. Blessings!

Jan 3, 2013 11:09 PM in response to songsinthenight

That was not the case with mine. My head phones just didn't work at all. Even the people at the Apple store tried it and jiggled it around. They just did not work. Apple was really cool about it though. The guy heard they didn't work and he just straight up gave me a new pair. No more questions asked. The new ones have worked ever since. (3 months)

New iPhone 5 headphones don't work. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.