Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime After IOS 6 Upgrade

I've been living in Dubai for a little over a month and prior to upgrading to IOS6 I frequently used FaceTime to call my parents in the United States. Since upgrading to IOS6 I have tried to call them using FaceTime on a number of occaisions but with NO success. While trying to connect phones on both ends just say connecting then will say connection lost after a couple of minutes of trying to connect. The only change to my ability to successfully FaceTime with my parents is the upgrade to IOS6. Additionally I am able to FaceTime with my friends who also live in Dubai, and unrelated to FaceTime but I've also been able to make Skype calls to my parents but I can not get FaceTime to work!!!

Apple TV, Iphone(s), Mac Book, iPhone OS 3.1.2

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 7:57 PM

42 replies

Sep 29, 2012 8:47 PM in response to MrMurrayIV

Nowhere in the original post do you mention that the phone was purchased in the US. Besides what I told you earlier, carriers in the UAE do not allow FT for the same reason as stated in my previous post. FT is crippled at both a phone (sold in the UAE) and carrier level. Still I cannot explain why you are able to connect to FT friends in Dubai. Perhaps because they have not upgraded to iOS6 yet...

Evidently FT is a serious issue for these Middle Eastenr governments.

Sep 30, 2012 4:40 AM in response to MrMurrayIV

MrMurrayIV did you resolve this issue?

I'm having the exact same problem since upgrading to IOS6. I have a UK iPhone 4 and I've been using FaceTime to call my partner and children in the UK (from Dubai) since November 2011 without issues. Since upgrading, FaceTime will not connect internationally but will locally.

Please can someone help as Skype is just a pain in the backside!

Sep 30, 2012 2:22 PM in response to MrMurrayIV

It actually has nothing to do with iOs6, I bought my dad an iPhone 4 from the UK and sent it to him in UAE, he hasn't upgraded to iOS6 and neither have I on my UK iPad 2. We used to call since last December from Uk to UAE via FaceTime and vice versa. This method worked perfectly. We could call the email address 's as they blocked the method calling by the mobile number. But only for the past 4 days has FaceTime now been completely blocked and just gets stuck on connecting. Still waiting for a solution as it is by far the best way to communicate.

Oct 1, 2012 3:55 PM in response to MrMurrayIV

true, cant use facetime anymore. the last time i used it was 2 days ago. wish i did not upgrade to ios6.

bought my ipad 2 wifi 3g in HK and been using it here in Abu Dhabi for almost a year and i frequently used it to call my friends in the philippines and US and right after the upgrade (ios6) its just says connecting.... and then connection lost! wish i can downgrade but i cant! wish i did not update to ios6! : (

DU user

Oct 2, 2012 5:14 AM in response to MrMurrayIV

Although not using FT for international calls I am experiencing the same issues within Canada from province to province calling. I also find that the orientation of the screen is messed up at the best of times and I have to constantly keep flipping my iPad and iTouch to not appear upside down. This is definitely an issue since the upgrade to IOS6. These are my only two Apple products and I was always told that these upgrades were so much better then any PC as there are never any issues. I suppose that was just a salesperson lying.

Facetime After IOS 6 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.