Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 home sharing and airplay not working

I have an iPad 2, iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 - all of which I upgraded to iOS 6. Now Home Sharing and Airplay is not working on any of the devices. I have an iPad 1 which still has iOS 5 on it, and two 2nd gen Apple TVs - which continue to work perfectly using Home Sharing and Airplay. All iOS 6 devices connect to the Internet via wifi and they also connect fine to iTunes and the App Store. I have rebooted my PC, reinstalled iTunes, restored my iPad and reinstalled iOS 6, reset my router, reset network settings on my iPad but have now run out of ideas. Any ideas? Also, would be interested to know if anyone does have home sharing working on iOS 6. (In case it helps, I have windows 7 64 bit pc with latest version of itunes and a sky sagemcom wireless n router with latest firmware).

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 12:29 AM

8 replies

Sep 30, 2012 3:14 PM in response to Rooshadow

I, too, find that the upgrade iOS6 totally screwed up home sharing. I don't get all my albums/songs, album art is incorrect. And there's the inexcusable move by Apple to separate Podcasts. Now I can't use home sharing to listen to them, and I don't have space to spare on my iPhone 4 since Apple now has deemed it necessary that you actually use its Podcasts app and actually storing the podcast on your iDevice.

I have submitted a feedback report to Apple, but I have a feeling this is in the same league as the Maps debacle. 😠

Mike

Oct 6, 2012 3:17 PM in response to thepixelflow

A lot of people on these forums are experiencing these issues since the recent software updates.

To get something done about it, you can report the problem here. The more of us that tell Apple about it, the more likely they are to fix it. You could also send a short email headed 'Apple TV update problems' to

<Email Edited by Host>

iOS 6 home sharing and airplay not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.