Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone 5 has black and white lines on the screen. It's not been damaged. I've tried turning it off but this does not solve the problem? Please help.

My new iPhone 5 has black and white lines on the screen. It's not been damaged. I've tried turning it off but this does not solve the problem? Please help. I can't find my answer on the Internet.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 2:45 AM

return it it is either a faulty screen or bad screen connection I would try and solve it myself but you aren't me so just get a new one

6 replies

Sep 30, 2012 3:24 AM in response to Euantaylor23

By far the most common problem hardware-wise seems to be scuffs on the aluminium. Yours is the first report of a faulty screen I've seen.

If you use the same Apple ID on both devices it'll sync whatever you want it to - music/apps/photos/messages/etc. 🙂

I've just switched from a Galaxy S3 to iPhone 5 (having already owned an iPad for a while) so I'm in a similar position!

My new iPhone 5 has black and white lines on the screen. It's not been damaged. I've tried turning it off but this does not solve the problem? Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.