Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 charger not working properly.

When I had first purchased my iPhone 5, I noticed that the adapter that plugs into the power point did not work at all. So I had tried my old adapter with the new wire/cord for the iPhone 5. That worked. However now when I try to charge my iPhone 5 through a power point, it charges for a second, stops charging, starts charging, and so on. But when I plug it into my computer or car charger, it works perfectly fine.

Do you think this is a faulty charger/cord or would it be my phone?

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 7:49 PM

3 replies

Oct 1, 2012 9:01 PM in response to Enyaa

If it works with a different adapter then most likey a faulty adapter and not the phone...

Anyone else see any issues with charging stopping mid charge like this? User uploaded file

Even after closing out the few apps I had open the "charged" icon remained. I had to physically unplug and re plug to get the charge going again. Not a huge issue but could be a problem if you were not aware of this happening and the phone died while driving and using your navigation.

Oct 1, 2012 11:34 PM in response to A420TuRbO

I am having the same problem with my phone charger, but instead its the cord that isn't working., i have to sit and fiddle, shake the cord until it says charging then i have to sit it in the same spot without moving it until its charged. I rang telstra to have a new one sent and they said the only way they could do this was if i gave them my charger and they sent it away to be "fix", that would mean i would be without a phone for over a week? what is the point of paying so much insurance ontop of my plan if nothing works and can't be replaced? I can even get over to the telstra shop to send my cord away, i live in a different down and had to take time off work to be able to pick my phone up, even then it didn't complete its set up so i had to go back over the next day to get it!!.

Oct 2, 2012 1:58 AM in response to Enyaa

I actually found another discussion, and several people have been having the same issue. They've fixed their problem by just getting a whole new charger and cable. So I'm guessing there just have been dodgy chargers/cables. I really hope that's just the problem in my case. But I'm glad I can still charge it through my computer, because I need my phone daily. Will be going into Optus tomorrow and hopefully they give me a new charger on the spot!

iPhone 5 charger not working properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.