Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 recovery mode loop

After attempting to turn my iPhone4 off this evening it suddently went into recovery mode. When I connected it to my PC iTunes did not recognize the phone to allow me to do a back up but I chose recover the phone regardless. It is stuck now in an infinite loop of recovery where even after I recover the phone it still stays in recovery mode.

I had installed iOS6 several days prior with no incident, however I've seen a few posts about iOS6 causing this loop.

I just installed the latest version of iTunes.

I do not have a functional home button to place the phone into DFU mode.

I have tried using Tiny Umbrella but it cannot exit recovery and as I cannot enter DFU mode I am unsure what steps to take next.

I am obviously not familiar with how to use a software workaround to not having a functional home button.

Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 4, iOS 6, Verizon Carrier

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 1:21 AM

1 reply

Nov 10, 2012 4:51 AM in response to jaydium

I just experienced the same problem. And after hours of watching youtube videos, and trying to download help apps like tinyumbrella, I finally tried a simple solution which seems to have worked. I disconnected my phone from itunes, and held the lock and home buttons down together until the apple logo appeared. I then connected the iphone to my itunes once it had switched on to factory settings, and was able to restore my phone from the my itunes back up 🙂.

Hope this helps anyone who may have this problem in the furture!

iphone 4 recovery mode loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.