Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When zooming the camera in Iphone 5, it shoots almost straight down?

If you zoom and take a picture, it shoots almost straight down. You can perfectly center the item your taking a pic of dead center in the camera dispaley and it still shoots down and cuts off the pic. When not zooming, it works just fine. I had 3 other people take pictures on my phone to test and same results. Something is seriously wrong with the zoom. (Iphone 5)

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 4:47 PM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2013 11:19 PM in response to Bfeagley

I had this exact same problem tonight at my daughter's school program! I was so frustrated. I had to take a picture of the ceiling almost before I could get a picture of her on the stage. Alot of guessing.

I also had the issue of having to hold down the camera button for 3-5 seconds during videoing before it would recognize that I wanted to take a picture. I didn't have this problem before so I'm wondering if both are a bug in the current iOS.

And no, rebooting did not help the issue. I tried during the middle of the program.

When zooming the camera in Iphone 5, it shoots almost straight down?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.