Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought a used iPod via ebay. the battery doesn't hold a charge and needs replaced. can i do it myself? I only paid 115 for it. its a touch 4th gen, but was constantly used.

i bought a used iPod touch via ebay. the battery doesn't hold a charge and needs replaced. can i do it myself? I only paid 115 for it. its a touch 4th gen, but was constantly used. it looks like the pricing to replace it through the apple store is going to cost almost as much as i paid for it.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 11:28 PM

You can try it yourself. There are YouTube videos to follow and places to get parts in the link below. Just take your time and you should be fine. Good luck!

Basic troubleshooting steps

User uploaded file

17" 2.2GHz i7 Quad-Core MacBook Pro  8G RAM  750G HD + OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Boot HD 
Got problems with your Apple iDevice-like iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? Try Troubleshooting 101
In Memory of Steve Jobs
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2012 11:28 PM in response to Debra Todd

You can try it yourself. There are YouTube videos to follow and places to get parts in the link below. Just take your time and you should be fine. Good luck!

Basic troubleshooting steps

User uploaded file

17" 2.2GHz i7 Quad-Core MacBook Pro  8G RAM  750G HD + OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Boot HD 
Got problems with your Apple iDevice-like iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? Try Troubleshooting 101
In Memory of Steve Jobs

i bought a used iPod via ebay. the battery doesn't hold a charge and needs replaced. can i do it myself? I only paid 115 for it. its a touch 4th gen, but was constantly used.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.