Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no airplay icon on my iphone 4, no airplay icon on my iphone 4

no airplay icon on my iphone

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 2:39 AM

2 replies

Oct 10, 2012 4:55 AM in response to iphone500

• AirPlay is available on all devices running iOS 4.3 or later. Some features require the latest software. Second-generation Apple TV or later required.
  • AirPlay Mirroring is available with iPad 2 or later; iPhone 4S; iPhone 5; iPod touch (5th generation); and iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer) with Mountain Lion.
  • Dual-screen capability is available with iPad 2 or later, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation).

If you mean airplay mirror you need a 4S. Check your specs to see if that is the problem.

Oct 19, 2012 9:46 AM in response to iphone500

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you had this problem too. I recently had a similar issue in which my airplay icon was not visible on my iPhone 4, iPad2, or iPod Touch 4th gen. I normally run these through my AppleTV 2nd gen.

I'd originally thought it was part of the recent AppleTV update (5.1), and had followed all the various steps I could find - updating software, downgrading the AppleTV to 5.0.2, restoring all devices, etc... but in the end I was able to fix it by making a single settings change on my router.

Try this: in your router's configuration page (normally accessed at 192.168.1.1 or 192.1680.1), look through the wireless settings (or advanced wireles settings) for a feature called "Wireless Isolation Mode". If it's enabled, try disabling it then checking to see if your airplay icon comes back. It worked for me immediately after disabling the wireless isolation.

I hope it help those who've tried everything else with no success.

~TK

no airplay icon on my iphone 4, no airplay icon on my iphone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.