Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 not ringing for every call since ios6 upgrade

Since upgrading my iphone 4 to ios6 it doesn't ring for every call and I am getting alot more people diverted to voicemail.

I have tried everything, resetting the phone etc. The DND is switched off.

Researching on the internet and there are quite a few other people experiencing the same problem. Any solutions would be gratefully received.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 8:35 AM

20 replies

Oct 12, 2012 3:35 PM in response to hopalong30

The ringtone works fine and is turned full up. The problem is when someone phones it doesn't ring at my end, but does at theirs, then eventually to voicemail. This happens about 3 calls in every 10.

I can phone my mobile from my landline and it will ring perfectly. I can then hang up and ring it again, the landline will have the ringing tone, but the mobile won't be doing anything, then voicemail answer, if you leave a message the iphone will then inform you that you have voicemail.

I have researched it on the internet and I am not the only one having this problem with ios6. The problem began the second I upgraded from ios5 to ios6.

I have even put my wifes sim in the phone to see if that cured it, it didn't. My wifes iphone is still running ios5 and doesn't do it, she refuses to upgrade and I can't say I blame her.

I think this will be my last iphone, it says alot when they can't get the software righ and don't appear to be doing anything to correct all the faults ios6 has.

Oct 12, 2012 6:55 PM in response to hopalong30

Similar issues here Hopalong. Texts are taking a long time to send and I'm getting voicemail notifications when the phone has not rung through. The phone seems sluggish since I upgraded to iOS6, like an old outdated computer. For example, typing and the screen is trying to catch up. I have a straight 4, I've done a reset, and I'm regretting upgrading the OS.

Oct 18, 2012 9:58 AM in response to ckuan

Dear ckuan,

You know full well that the carrier is going to direct us right back to Apple because they do NOT support the phones. If there are this many people with the problem, it is definitely associated with the iOS 6 upgrade, and all you are doing is buying time while Apple scrambles to fix this problem. While I certainly use my phone for many other tasks, the primary phone use is--as a PHONE, and if I can't count on it to ring, it no longer functions as a phone. I'm in a bad situation because my phone is now two years and a month old, so my Apple Care has expired, so to speak to someone at an Apple store is going to have a price tag.

I wish that Apple would own up to the problem and give users either an easy way to downgrade to the previous operating system or send out an upgrade that fixes the problem.

Oct 18, 2012 7:01 PM in response to lkersch

lkersch wrote:

Dear ckuan,

You know full well that the carrier is going to direct us right back to Apple because they do NOT support the phones.

So whose fault is that if the carrier do not support the iPhone and you still want to use them as carrier?

If you are willing to use an unsupported carrier, be prepared that something will not work.

No, there's no easy way to downgrade that's why it's not supported. All the IOS6 apps needs to be considered as well. So you will not be happier if not everything can be wind back.

There's nothing to fix, I also have upgraded from 5.1.1 to 6 and it works for me.

Oct 19, 2012 12:36 AM in response to ckuan

Wow ckuan getting fistey are we??? First of all chill the eff out and quit defending apple right off the bat. The guy is obviously not an idiot, hes going to check the ringer before he posts to a fourm! If your going to post on US fourms learn to read and understand english! hopalong30 email me cmrnmkl@gmail.com there is an easy way to downgrade if you wish. Its your phone that you paid for so dont you agree that you should be able do with it what you want? :D

Oct 19, 2012 8:04 AM in response to ckuan

I'm not trying to be argumentative. I just would like a solution to a problem that seems directly tied to the upgrade, since I can't return to the previous iOS. And, for the record, my carrier is AT&T, the first and for a long time the only carrier to sell the iPhone. They can't fix a problem that doesn't belong to them. When I call someone it works. If I happen to be looking at my iPhone when it rings, I get an answer. I am very sorry if my problem seems inconsequencial, but ckuan (I don't know if you are a Mr. or a Ms.), you seem to take offense very easily.

lkersch

Oct 19, 2012 8:50 AM in response to lkersch

I don't think it's IOS6 since I upgrade all my devices to IOS6 (I have 4 iPhones in my household) and never experience what you have.

Not to say your problem is not real but how many millions of iPhone 4 users and how many of them updated to IOS 6. Don't you think it will be a revolution if all of them have the same symptom as you have. You can search this forum and find out. Your case may be limited to a few. You have to bring it to the genius bar and have them look at it.

As for your last sentence, you know why I like this forum, I can help who I want and when. If some smarty pants think they are entitled then I am gone. My free time is important to me and I would hate to waste it.

iphone 4 not ringing for every call since ios6 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.