Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 HDMI output no longer works since iOS 6 was installed

Hi everyone,

I need some help here,

I have a pretty old HD TV equipped with HDMI input ports, I was able to use my iPad 2 to do Video mirroring or anything else for that matter while the iPad 2 was operation with iOS 5.1.1, since I upgraded to the iOS 6 I'm no longer able to see the ipad home screen or videos like, Netflix, YouTube, basically anything my ipad was displaying, not my TV doesn't even detects a signal.

Are there any useful information that yous can share, I'm going crazy here as my two young kids want to watch their favorite show on Netflix through the big TV.

This has caused some discomfort and I wish I can find some help to fix it.

I appreciate your help.

iPad 2, iOS 6, HDMI output using HDMI adapter

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 12:51 PM

9 replies

Dec 6, 2012 6:18 AM in response to PixBax

I have an ipad 2 running ios 6.0.1 and an older Dell TV (1080i) and have always been able to mirror. Running ios 5 the mirroring worked perfectly for sound and video. Don't remember if I tried while running 5.1. Now that I have 6.0.1, I can still mirror, but the whole screen is pink on this Dell TV. When I make the connection from ipad to the tv, mirroring starts immediately and the notification bar on the ipad home screen pulsates from blue to black and the cable is detected. I have sound and video working fine except for the colors. The ipad detects the AV Composite cable under settings>about but there is no TV out setting under General Settings where I'm supposed to see TV OUT listed under iTunes Wi-Fi sync. I have changed the hdmi to a new one, but it didn't help. I also have a new Panasonic Viera tv and everything (with the same cables) works perfectly on that TV. Leads me to believe it's an issue with the TV OUT function of the ipad. I don't know if any of this is helfpul information, but I thought it might help you narrow down what is going on with your setup.

Dec 6, 2012 6:48 AM in response to d56alpine

User uploaded fileHad to go to my windows PC to upload a photo because neither my ipad 2 nor iphone shows the advance editor options in this apple discussion board...REALLY? Anyway, it's upside down, but you get the picture. I'm using A1388 HDMI cable and it's mirroring fine, except for the colors.

Several people have fixed their problem by resetting the HDMI inputs on their TV's by disconnecting from power and establishing a new HDMI handshake. You might want to search for how to reset your particular brand/model of TV. Didn't work for me.

Message was edited by: d56alpine to add photo

May 17, 2014 4:23 AM in response to stepan777

Hi Chris,

Same here on a Sony Bravia TV having used two connectors also just in case it was one of those, no matter how you tune it in or change the colour setting it is rubbish,unbelieveable that a company as large as Apple do not take an interest in their customers or hardware, what a shame it makes one think is Apple that good????

iPad 2 HDMI output no longer works since iOS 6 was installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.