Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3gs, iOS 6.0, Straight Talk APN settings with iPhone Configuration Utility

ok the title is pretty long but it gets the poitn across. I am in need of assistance. I recently sqitched carriers to Straight talk and am having trouble with setting up the APN settings on the phone. I made the mistake of upgrading my Ios to 6.0 and now I cant get into the APN settings to change them so where I can use Straight Talks data ability. I have read around and found out that I can change them via the iPhone Configuration Utility software but I honestly do not know how to work the program or how to to change the settings on the iPhone with it. I used the following link to show what I needed to change but all it gives is the information. Not where to put it. It doesn't say where to put it in the iPCU, I did find a couple of spots but I honestly dont know how or where to export the finished file or even how to save the file to be honest. I am a complete noob to this and would very much like to see a tutorial video on how and what to change to what via the iPCU from start to finish. If someone can provide a link to a video on youtube that would help as well. thanks.

the link I am using to get the information from straight talk is http://www.straighttalksim.com/support.php

I would also like to say that i DONOT want to jailbreak my phone. One reason is because I don't trust any programs that you can download onto a PC to do the jailbreaking. so that is out of the question. Do not even suggest jailbreaking to me.

iPhone 3GS (8GB), iOS 6

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 3:00 PM

3 replies

Oct 14, 2012 1:03 AM in response to Furstreak

Get your iPhone Connected via WIFI

go to http://www.unlockit.co.nz (You will see an iPhone Formatted Website)

Choose Create APN

Choose United States

Choose Straight talk

Choose Create APN below the Carrier

This will set the APN Data Settings for Straighttalk.

This does not jailbreak or hack your iPhone in anyway and the website is used successfully by tens of thousands of people users per day all over the world. It uses the Same method as the iPhone Configuration Utility but some people find the iCU quite hard to use (or they don't know the settings/where to put the settings)

iPhone 3gs, iOS 6.0, Straight Talk APN settings with iPhone Configuration Utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.