Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 10.7 not working on Windows 7. Apple tech support claimed to know nothing about this kind of issue, but looking at this BBS, it seems pretty common. I uninstalled using Apple uninstall instructions and re-installed with fresh downloads. Need help

iTunes 10.7 not working on Windows 7. It was previously working. Called Apple tech support since iPhone purchased less than 90 days ago. They were no help. So far I've done a complete virus scans with two different scanning tools. I've uninstalled and re-installed both iTunes and QuickTime with fresh downloads. I'm in a world of hurt for both my iPhone and iPad without it. The debacle with IOS 6 and wifi connectivity and this has just about destroyed my confidence in Apple. Sorry, I'm venting after nearly a week of fruitless efforts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 6:09 PM

13 replies

Oct 14, 2012 8:01 PM in response to VernD

🙂 Okay ... much less likely to be one of the newfangled commoner sorts of QuickTime-related launch troubles, then. (That's a short-appearance jobbie, typically.)

Doublechecking. In the course of your troubleshooting to date, have you worked through the following document?

iTunes for Windows Vista or Windows 7: Troubleshooting unexpected quits, freezes, or launch issues

If you have, did the problem turn out to be user-specific or system-wide (in the sense described in that document?)

Oct 21, 2012 5:42 PM in response to AndreRodrigues

I've had no error messages during the install. Everything seems normal until I try to start the application. iTunes.exe *32 and iTunesHelper.exe continues to show in processes, but the application still does not open. I've followed b noir's suggestions but I am completely at a loss what to do next. I've also tried to use old iTunes libraries on the chance a corrupt iTunes library was at fault. I'm thinking of using an old 32bit pc I have just for itunes.

Oct 24, 2012 11:25 AM in response to VernD

I have had all the same issues.

I was able to load via "safe-mode" (control +shift + {click on itunes program}). However in this mode I wasn't able to see my ios6 ipod touch 4gen.

I closed the "safe-mode" option and restarted itunes... it did load partially (past earlier errors as listed above) to a "connecting with store**" pop-up where it froze. Cancelling it did not work.

** note, the concurently safari is not working on win7 64 bit. I test websites in several browsers and haven't be able to get past the same, kind of partical connection the "connecting to store" in iTunes is reporting. This could be a red herring but maybe not.

Apr 25, 2013 2:11 AM in response to VernD

Have tried "everything" without results. I have followed many fix-tips in this forum, but my problem just gone from bad to worse.

I'm running win7, everything utdated.

I had problem with itunes were not able to contact the Store, it just stood there serching. Although, everything else was ok.

I uninstalled, and installed the newest version (64bit), and now when I'm starting itunes, it wants to contact the store before letting me into the program. Problem is that it freeses on "contacting store", and when I press abort that doesent help either. Just not responding to anything and now I cannot use itunes at all.

Heelp anyone..?!

Apr 26, 2013 2:31 AM in response to endrefrommolle

I found this solution in another thread after struggling with this problem. Here's what worked for me:

1. Go to Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt (Right click it & choose Run As Administrator)

(If the command prompt is not there, just use the search bar in the start menu and type in cmd)

2. Once the prompt opens type in netsh winsock reset. Hit Enter.

3. Restart your computer

4. Open iTunes and yipeeee it works

iTunes 10.7 not working on Windows 7. Apple tech support claimed to know nothing about this kind of issue, but looking at this BBS, it seems pretty common. I uninstalled using Apple uninstall instructions and re-installed with fresh downloads. Need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.