Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I replace the battery on an early 2011, 13 inch MacBook Pro

My early 2011 MacBook Pro, 13 inch, is no longer holding a charge as long as it once did. This model has a solid backing and not the easy to remove plugandplay batteries of other models. This in itself is aggravating 'cause my older models do have an easy to replace battery.

Considering how difficult it will be to replace this battery (I'm assuming a special trip to the Apple Store or having to mail it off to a lab), are there recommendations for prolonging the life of this battery?

I'm not sure what each of these figures mean, but here are the current stats:

Charge Information:

Charge Remaining (mAh): 2538

Fully Charged: No

Charging: Yes

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5409

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 175

Condition: Normal

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 1255

Voltage (mV): 11798

Thanks in advance for your help and recommendations!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPods, iTouch, iPad, iPhone

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 6:24 AM

There's nothing wrong with your battery as far as I can see. Have you recently installed OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)? Battery life is considerably shorter than with previous operating systems. In any case, battery replacement on that model is not a DIY job, you'll need to take it to an Apple store.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2012 6:24 AM in response to AppleNovice

There's nothing wrong with your battery as far as I can see. Have you recently installed OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)? Battery life is considerably shorter than with previous operating systems. In any case, battery replacement on that model is not a DIY job, you'll need to take it to an Apple store.

Oct 16, 2012 6:30 AM in response to Zyriab

Yeah, you're right, there's nothing major wrong with the battery just a shorter than usual life. I'm planning an extended trip to Europe and was wanting to have a backup battery for those long times away from a plug. Don't suppose there is any option for that with this model. Do you know of any? I guess I can try to find a solar cell and pray for sunny days😕

Zyriab wrote:

How do I replace the battery on an early 2011, 13 inch MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.