Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad 2 - my normal home screen has disappeared, instead I get black screen and have to double click home button to see icons in a row on bottom of black screen, how do I get back to normal screen with icons displayed in an array. thanks for any help

IPad 2 - IOS 6 - my normal home screen has disappeared, instead I get black screen and have to double click home button to see icons in a row on bottom of black screen, how do I get back to normal screen with icons displayed in an array. thanks for any help

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 4:53 AM

It's now fixed - This previous suggestion has just worked for me too! I had the same black screen problem - don't know how it was caused. Thanks for the solution.

JayDeigh

kwathy Grafton, MA

Re: IPAD screen just turned BLACK please Help!!!

Oct 13, 2011 6:39 PM (in response to alberg15)

Please explain why you think the Mail app is involved in the black-screen-of-death issue. I have never used the mail app and still encountered a black-screen problem today (after 5 months of use). It's an ipad-2 BTW. The suggestion from "Carroll k" worked for me, which was to hold the power-and-home buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2012 4:53 AM in response to JayDeigh

It's now fixed - This previous suggestion has just worked for me too! I had the same black screen problem - don't know how it was caused. Thanks for the solution.

JayDeigh

kwathy Grafton, MA

Re: IPAD screen just turned BLACK please Help!!!

Oct 13, 2011 6:39 PM (in response to alberg15)

Please explain why you think the Mail app is involved in the black-screen-of-death issue. I have never used the mail app and still encountered a black-screen problem today (after 5 months of use). It's an ipad-2 BTW. The suggestion from "Carroll k" worked for me, which was to hold the power-and-home buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds.

IPad 2 - my normal home screen has disappeared, instead I get black screen and have to double click home button to see icons in a row on bottom of black screen, how do I get back to normal screen with icons displayed in an array. thanks for any help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.