Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting 'Other' storage on iPhone 4S

I have searched the forums and while I see a lot of people have been asking about this, I didn't find any answers. Put simply, is there a way to delete or significantly reduce the 'Other' portion on the iPhone? Its taking up 2+ GB and growing

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 10:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 10:56 PM

Other data

If restoring using your backup didn't work, you'll have to save as much of your data as you can (import your photos to your computer, sync your contacts and other data with iCloud, email things like Notes and Voice Memos to yourself, sync with iTunes to transfer all your purchases, etc.) and then restore it as new without using your backup.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2012 10:56 PM in response to Tyler Routson

Other data

If restoring using your backup didn't work, you'll have to save as much of your data as you can (import your photos to your computer, sync your contacts and other data with iCloud, email things like Notes and Voice Memos to yourself, sync with iTunes to transfer all your purchases, etc.) and then restore it as new without using your backup.

Jul 26, 2014 7:29 AM in response to Edg-R

I've pinpointed this to be mail related - specifically the time duration you're syncing mail. I use exchange for work mail and when I had 1 month of mail sync, "other" was at 5.5gb. I changed that to be 1 week sync and it dropped to .5 gb. Don't know if icloud or gmail are affected as well but it appears to be an issue with the default iphone email app.

Deleting 'Other' storage on iPhone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.