Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 problems

Im not sure whether this has anything to do with upgrading to IOS6, but my phone has got an ever growing list of problems at the moment that started before the upgrade.....

My battery will only last about 5 hours on standby and within those 5 hours i get two texts (this is while im at work, so not using the phone at all)..

Just recenty its been refusing to charge, im not sure how long an iphone takes to get to 100% but most of the time it takes nearly 2-3 hours, i have noticed it only goes up a couple of percent in the first half an hour (pretty annoying if you ask me)

My touchscreen doesn't really seem to be aligned properly, i could touch one app and the one above it or next to it will open instead.... this doesn't happen all the time but i did end up opening a bunch of apps i didn't want while trying to get the one i wanted, and i have tiny hands so im not touching the others by accident.

Freezing up all the time, and the other say i went to unlock it and it came up with the apple screen, like i had turned it on, it refused to remove from that screen untill i reset it.

i have noticed sometimes the screen will do things on its own, like try to press my password in..... maybe ive got a ghost playing around with me =/.

Unfortunatly Vodaphone wont let me upgrade for another year.... and at the end of this month will be a year since i had it, and i cant afford to buy a new phone.

Im a little bit stummped as to what to do as my nearest apple store is 20 miles away and as i don't drive not the easiest to get to, anyone have any suggestions?

(Sorry for the extreamly long essay, my phones got to the point where i want to chuck it across a field and walk away)

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 6:58 AM

8 replies

Nov 11, 2012 6:17 AM in response to candyxlove

I have the same problem and the not professionals Vodafone dealers that I went to check my phone, they told me that my iPhone had a problem so if I wanted I had to pay 170 euros to get a new one, which I did and now I have the same problems.

This is shame for Apple !!!!

They should have a better service and better attitude to their customers.

Why to buy something so expensive if you do not get the right service.

Nov 13, 2012 10:48 AM in response to mmargiol

Well after trying everything to make my battery last, my iphone now refuses to charge and wont connect to my macbook either..... phoned up my nearest apple store, told them my problem and they said i wont need to make an appointment... so i go instore a couple of days later, they tell me to clean it with a toothbrush and then come back and make an appointment.... a waste of my time and petrol is all that was, considering my nearest store is 25 miles away im not impressed...

Nov 13, 2012 10:55 AM in response to candyxlove

25 miles? A lousy 25 miles? Around these parts it's farther than that to get from one side of town to another...

Lint and grit in the dock connector can easily short pins and cause the battery to drain excessively, not charge properly, etc.

If that doesn't clear it up, Restore the phone as a new device. Do NOT restore your backup. See if it behaves better. If so, rebuild it from scratch. Something in the phone (and the backup you would normally restore from) is corrupt.

Apple's going to ask you to do this anyway, so you may as well save yourself an extra trip and do it before you go back.

Nov 13, 2012 1:19 PM in response to KiltedTim

Well obviosuly 'arounds these parts' it would be further.... considering i live in the uk and public transport is utterly useless it takes me over 2 hours to get anywhere, i also work 6 days a week during the hours the store is open.... and yes i have pins missing, i know this, i've cleaned it 800 times before i even took it to the store nothings worked....

and how can i restore the phone as a new device if it wont charge or connect to my mac..... like i just said.. i have no battery left on my phone now because of how unhelpful they were at the store...

iphone 4 problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.