Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 4s keeps freezing, shutting down apps and all my social media accounts have been hacked. Every indication is that I have malware. Is there a scan I can do to know for sure and to remove?

My Iphone 4s keeps freezing, shutting down apps and all my social media accounts have been hacked, it takes at least 20 seconds to turn phone off. Every indication is that I have malware. Is there a scan I can do to know for sure and how do i fix?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6, Possible malware

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 5:32 AM

If the phone is not jailbroken, then it not infected. There is no malware that can affect a non-jailbroken iPhone.

It's likely that the problems with the phone freezing and apps closing on their own are completely unrelated to your social media accounts having been compromised.

Standard troubleshooting for the phone is

Re-boot

Restore

Restore as new.

As for your social media accounts, change your passwords immediately.

Have you tried any of this?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2012 5:32 AM in response to Mariatheram

If the phone is not jailbroken, then it not infected. There is no malware that can affect a non-jailbroken iPhone.

It's likely that the problems with the phone freezing and apps closing on their own are completely unrelated to your social media accounts having been compromised.

Standard troubleshooting for the phone is

Re-boot

Restore

Restore as new.

As for your social media accounts, change your passwords immediately.

Have you tried any of this?

My 4s keeps freezing, shutting down apps and all my social media accounts have been hacked. Every indication is that I have malware. Is there a scan I can do to know for sure and to remove?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.