Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Many Apps on iphone 4s crash after updating to ios6 ..

Many Apps on iphone 4s crash after updating to ios6 .. Is the problem with iOS6 or the Apps?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 9:47 PM

2 replies

Feb 15, 2013 7:40 AM in response to Jagruth

I've also had the same issues, after upgrading to IOS 6.0, the apps in my iPhone 4 were crashing and the battery life run out very fast.

The only solution worked for me was to remove all mail accounts (Exchange/Gmail) from my iPhone (in settings) and then add them back.

The crashing were stopped! 🙂 also the battery was back to normal.

I found the solution by first looking at the crash logs (in IOS 6). you can find them at Settings -> General -> About (at the bottom of the About menu you will find the option that opens the logs).

There i saw many logs about Low Memory crash. 99% of the logs were pointed that the largest process (use the most memory) during the crashes is "dataaccessd".

I search in the web and found that this process is a deamon process that reponsible the Mail accounts (like Exchange/Gmail) and contancts list.

I've installed the app "System Status - activity monitor" which shows important system info like CPU usage, Memory usage and running processes.

Before apply my solution (deleting the mail accounts) i saw that the CPU usage was very high which consume the battery very fast. Also i saw that the memory (RAM) was run out.. which probably what cause the crashing..

After deleting the mail accounts (at Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars) i check again with the System Status app, and saw that the memory and CPU were back to normal.

Adding the mail accounts back, still everything work ok 🙂

Hope this solution will help you too,

Enjoy! 🙂

Many Apps on iphone 4s crash after updating to ios6 ..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.