Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my iphone 4s not activating?

my mom got me an iPhone 4s today and we spent 5 hours on the phone with different people from tech support with our phone company and finally an apple care represenetive. i guess to set up the phone i have to set the language, country and my wifi connection, which i did and had no problems until i got to the last page where i had to "activate" the phone. it said it would take 3 minutes to activate so i let it go for a few minutes and eventually an error messaging stating the following came up: "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it or try again in a couple of minutes. If the promlem persists, contact Apple Support at apple.com/support." Which i eventually did and she took me through several steps to try to get my phone up and working. none of them worked..we tried activating the sim card multiple times on the phone with tech support from my phone carrier and still nothing seemed to work. please help! i have no phone as of right now because my blackberry's both broke and the iPhone will not "activate". thank you very much for your time!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 7:17 PM

9 replies

Oct 23, 2012 7:58 AM in response to bella_xo

I have a 4s, and just did a simple restore of my phone and it will not activate, either. (No, it's not jailbroken, never has been). I'm getting the same error, and no luck with any of the support document suggestions, either. I'm beginning to thing that Apple's server is down, perhaps in anticipation of today's announcement for upgrades. Who knows? I've tried a bunch of times to activate, both on cellular and wifi.

Good luck!

Oct 27, 2012 2:45 PM in response to bella_xo

I found one:

1. Switch off your iPhone

2. Press & hold the home button on your iPhone

3. Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac with iTunes installed (keep the buttone pressed till the itunes icon appears on the iPhone)

4. Download and (re)install the latest iOS

5 Voilla your phone activates over iTunes and/or WiFi

Hope that helps 😉

why is my iphone 4s not activating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.