Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3GS - iOS 6 Upgrade Camera Problem

Hi,

Upgraded to iOS 6, all went well, but camera stopped working.

Camera function opens, but can't take pictues or videos.

I had no problems with my phone prior to the update. Phone is not jailbroken or the victim of any type of "hacking"; just an iphone 3GS as it came from ATT.

I've searched the web and found others having the same problem with the iPad, but didn't find anyone with the problem appearing in thier phone.

I did what was suggested for the Ipad, a full restore both through iTunes and through the phone, but still no camera.

This has to be an iOS 6 bug; either it's a flaw in code, or the code is incompatable with something I have installed (I only have a few apps and they're all from Apple). I've shut everything off and still no luck. The only step I see left is to delete everything and start with an "empty" phone; really don't want to do that...Settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings.

Really like to go back to iOS5, but doing that involves "editing the host files" and stuff that I'm not comfortable with; wish apple would just let you pick the iOS you want installed through iTunes:(

Thanks!

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 6:37 AM

2 replies

Oct 23, 2012 1:03 PM in response to iBadApple

Hi,

I have the same problem after upgrading to ios6. Camera application opens, but can not take pictures (the aperture remains closed on the display. Would like to go bake to ios5 too, but do not now how to do this. Even doing a full restore to my iphone with ios6 (so deleting everything on my phone) did not solve the issue. Also the "sleep" button on the upper left side does not work all the time. It does not lock my phone anymore.

Apple; please help :-)

Thanks

Oct 23, 2012 7:40 PM in response to oosterom

I may have found a way to go back!

Apparently you can download old iOs versions from Apple and then install them through iTunes.

Have not done this yet, still researching it's legitimacy and will probably stop in an Apple store to inquire.

But the link to download the old iOS's looks like it lands in the Apple.com domain so it should be legit.

The file I need is huge at 687MB; that's gonna take a while on my 1.5 DSL line. May go to the library or a freinds for some more speed; data speed that is, not the drug speed:)

If you try it, or learn anything about it's legitimacy, post back your results.

http://osxdaily.com/2010/10/25/download-iphone-firmware-ipsw/

iPhone 3GS - iOS 6 Upgrade Camera Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.