Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes sync with Gmail is creating too many emails

I am not sure if this is a problem with iOS 6 or if this was already a problem that I never noticed before. I have my notes sync to my gmail account on my phone 5. There are few things that I am noticing and though checking in the forum

1. I am not able to edit notes in gmail because the notes are stored as emails with tag "Notes". Is there a work around, is there a better way of syncing notes?

2. The notes sync is creating too many emails in my "All Mail" folder in gmail. Looks like every sync/ change in note is creating a new email with the latest one being tagged notes. Which means everytime I have a note changes, I am getting one additional email in the all mail folder. Is this a " iphon 5 special" feature 🙂... I am sure not.. but whats the work around.

Also in general what is the best place to sync notes?

-Dev

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 9:28 PM

If you have MAC compter you open email from MAC and In reminder there is Gmail notes you can open and edit over thereUser uploaded file

4 replies

Nov 4, 2012 1:36 AM in response to devashis

Hello, I'm having the same issue with my MacBookPro's Notes app and Gmail. It's got to be a bug on Apple's side because the same problem occurs in iOS 6 and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. Below is my experience.

I set up the Notes app in Mountain Lion to sync with Google Gmail Notes. I typed a Note into the Note app and it created a message in the Gmail account with the label "Notes" like I read it was supposed to do. (I'm still baffled why they designed the Notes to sync this way.) Then I proceeded to update the note in the app and it updated the note in Gmail. I though, "sweet, it's working," so I began typing away. After imputing a bunch of notes into the Notes app, I went over to Gmail and clicked on "All Mail" and to my surprise there were HUNDREDS of partial messages left behind by the Notes app! Apparently everytime a note is updated and the Notes app syncs with Gmail (which is every few seconds), it creates a new message.

I know that a work-around solution is to just use iCloud, but I haven't found an easy way to sync up iCloud Notes with an Android. I know, I know, I should just get an iPhone and call it a day, but for those that use Gmail Notes, has anyone found a solution? It's so annoying!!

(I wonder if Apple did this on purpose so users will switch to the much easier iCloud and iPhone. Hmmmm.)

Notes sync with Gmail is creating too many emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.