Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 not ringing when people call

I have an iPhone 5. People are calling but its not ringing on my end. No missed calls. Later I get voicemails. I've been on the phone with AT&T for hours 4 times yesterday. Sometimes the phone will receive calls other times it won't. They did a reset on ATT's side. Sent signals to the phone etc. I can send and receive text messages. Is anyone else having this problem?? I have an appointment with the Genius Bar tonight. Before I go, I'm going to do a restore on the computer and go to ATT and get a new sim card. This is FRUSTRATING.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 7:57 AM

5 replies

Oct 25, 2012 8:24 AM in response to ou34sb

hi! well even if it is strange stuff like that can happen.... I've experienced something similar concerning the 'Personal HOTspot'.. my problem has been finally solved by the genius bar, changing my iPhone with a 'new' one... However I would suggest you to go on: Settings ->General->Reset->Reset network settings.. first

Then Restore completely the iPhone with a laptop, downloading a new firmware iOS 6... Then, when the restore is over, set 'Restore as a new iPhone' and verifying again if you get this issue... If the problem is still there, ways can be just two... 1) asking for a new NANO simcard or 2)Visiting the genius bar

To make everything faster, I would suggest to ask to a friend of yours his NANO simcard and try with it...

I hope for you everything gonna be fine... good luck

Oct 25, 2012 8:33 AM in response to giordano'

I've done the Settings- General- Reset- and Reset Network Settings. That didn't help. I'm going to do the restore from the computer when I get home tonight from work. This is actually my mom's iPhone 5. So when I get home I'll put my nanosim to see if it works. AT&T did different things with their network trying to get it to work with no luck. It's working very sporadic. They are saying it's the actual iPhone 5 not their problem.

Oct 25, 2012 8:48 AM in response to ou34sb

Ok... well you can try calling Apple Customer Care... they will have clear information about other customers and they can tell you if it is a known problem.. If you have an AppleCare additional warranty I mean you can ask by phone to send you a new iPhone, completely for free with no shipping or other additional costs and they will ask you to send your old 'broken' one back in few days (days can change country-to-country).. if don't have an AppleCare the cheapest faster solution is going to a Genius Bar that in some circumstance can mean losing some time... But unfortunately I think that there are no other tests you can do by your self, moreover considering iPhone is NEW it is a real pity not-going!

Nov 28, 2012 9:23 AM in response to giordano'

I, too, am having this problem and have since I got the phone at launch. It may go a week or so before it happens again, but all the symptoms as described above apply. Also, I've tried everything described. the only things that haven't been done are replacing the sim card or the phone. I'm on the phone - again - with Apple right now.

Dec 25, 2012 10:34 AM in response to ou34sb

OK - this happened to me and after some poking and proding I found that somehow my Do Not Disturb setting had been turned on - I had never turned it on myself. So, here is how I fixed it - Settings->Notifications->Do Not Disturb->Scheduled->Off. Everything went back to normal. If you see a crescent moon symbol to the left of time stamp at the top of your screen. I wish I knew how the do not disturb setting was activated in the first place. Hope this helps.

iPhone 5 not ringing when people call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.