Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4s is so slow, no matter what I try.

I tried resetting the network, re-started many times, have 4.3 GB of free space and nothing helps.

I downloaded speedtest HD which says my current server is Fremont CA, (I am in Florida), PingMS is 182, Download Mb/s is 11.33, Upload Mb/s is 1.27. I don't know what this means. When I looked at the "Diagnostics & Usage" Information, lots of "Crash" Exceptions.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 11:47 AM

10 replies

Oct 27, 2012 11:41 AM in response to Motox112

Thanks,I appreciate your input.

No, not WIFI. I don't really know that I trust the speedtest because even after acceptable numbers, (according to AT&T Tech. Support), my browser was still super slow.

I downloaded System Status:

Disk Used 9.2 GB

Free 4.3 GB

CPU Usage fluctuates very quickly between 3.0 to 14.8

Idle fluctuates between 35% and 95.0%

Avg Load fluctuates 0.9, 0.85, 0.89

WIFI Info

Network Connected - Yes

Network MAC, IPSubnet Mask, SSID, BSSID all look ok ...(?)

Cell Info

All looks ok

I spoke with AT&T Tech Support and he said that for the last 11 months, my iPhone 4S was still in their system as an iPhone 3S and that this would have caused problems, he fixed his side; I restarted and also re-set network connections, ran speed test which was within AT&T's normal range, except the upload speed was slow.

AT&T also informed me that one nearby tower was not functioning properly.

The tech. rep. and I concluded that the best thing to do would be to wait a couple of days to give repair crews time to repair the tower, then, if the speed doesn't improve, call them back.

Thanks again for responding, I was ready to throw the darn thing out the window!

Oct 27, 2012 5:03 PM in response to Motox112

I turned off all apps except System Status, Idle is in the high 90%. It also says battery state is discharging and has a red dot by it.

Add strange to more strange, when I sent a text message to my daughter's iPhone, it said the message is from "Dad work" which is my husband's contact name ...my daughter deleted that particular contact and I sent another text, this time is showed sender as my husband's hotmail email address.

I think I'm just going to have to connect to iTunes and reset everything, as much as hate the thought of messing with all that.

Average speed on 3G/4G Download 3.4 and Upload 0.80.

Oct 27, 2012 6:48 PM in response to justjesper

Funny, the tech rep I spoke with at AT&T happened to mention that he was of the opinion that Apple rolled out the upgrade to 6.0 a little too fast. He said they are still ironing out problems.

I backed up my iPhone, restored factory settings, then restored from back up. Now it maintains my home WIFI connection, one plus. Speed test did not improve using 3 or 4 G, but did improve when connected to WIFI, I'll call that a draw ...text messages sent to an android phone number showed correctly as being sent from me, but text to another iPhone on our account show coming from my husband's email address - FAIL!

I have been fussing with this piece of garbage since about lunchtime, I'm so fed up with it at this point that I could scream! I'm going to have to call AT&T again and figure out how to get them to verify that they didn't make matters even worse with whatever account setting was changed this afternoon.

My iPhone used to be my favorite toy, device of choice for just about everything. Now I look at it and wonder why.

My iPhone 4s is so slow, no matter what I try.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.