Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 iPhones, 1 iTunes account, 1 iCloud account, next step?

I have just purchased two iPhones, one for me, and one for the wife. We currently share one iTunes account, and I have one iCloud account. What is the best next step, so that we can share the apps and music we have purchased, and I can FaceTime or iMessage her?

Do I just setup an iCloud account for her, and will it be possible to continue to share our iTunes account?

Thanks,

James

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 8:30 PM

4 replies

Oct 29, 2012 8:33 PM in response to Mr.1977

you need to have different apple ids in order to facetime and imessage each other. sharing doesn't work in that sense. also, if you're sharing an icloud account, prepare to share all of your contacts and for the manipulation of the contacts on one phone to affect the contacts on another. if this isn't your intention, i would recommend just sharing the itunes account, and not having the same icloud account on both phones. as long as you're signed into the same itunes store account on both phones in the itunes store app, you can share itunes and apps

2 iPhones, 1 iTunes account, 1 iCloud account, next step?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.