Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I tell if my iphone is unlocked?

Well I just did an iphone 4(my old one) unlock with an AT&T person over chat and I want to find out if its truely unlocked but don't have no other sims. It downloaded and updated my phone on itunes even though same IOS version and I accidently restore again to see if it would do that again so I want to check if its unlocked or not because my 2nd restore.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 11:49 AM

Restore in iTunes and see if you get the "Contgratulations" message.

77 replies

Oct 31, 2012 12:33 PM in response to GTR_Lover

When you do the Restore with iTunes it will redownload iOS 6. When it finishes it will state clearly that the phone is unlocked. If you don't get this message it is not unlocked.

One thing that can prevent it from being unlocked is a previously jailbroken phone cannot be unlocked but this process. I'm assuming that doesn't apply to you.

Oct 31, 2012 12:51 PM in response to GTR_Lover

If you connect the phone to iTunes and click the Restore button (NOT Restore from Backup) if the phone is unlocked you should get the message "Conratulations, your iphone is unlocked" when the restore completes. If you do not get the message it is not unlocked. Try again in a few days, because sometimes it takes a while for the order to be processed.

How can I tell if my iphone is unlocked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.