Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reverse Syncing from Gmail notes to iOS

Hello,

I am using the default notes application on my iPhone 4. I had switched to Android for a month and bought Gnotes in Google play store and created lot of notes and it synced with the same notes in my gmail account as it did before on my iOS5. Recently when i switched back to iOS6 the notes i created on my gmail is not syncing back onto my iPhone.

Although all the new notes i am creating on iPhone are getting synced to my gmail account but older ones are not downloaded on iPhone. Any tips to get it back ? Worst thing, i will write them again on my iPhone.

iPhone 4

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:26 PM

Gmail don't really sync your notes with iphone. Just send the notes from iphone to a specific label called "notes" in your Gmail Account. Is a one-way "sync".

You can copy and paste your notes (one by one) from Gmail to iCloud notes. Open one tab with gmail on your browser and one tab in www.icloud.com. If we talking about 10-50 notes it is worth your time.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2012 12:26 PM in response to devang288

Gmail don't really sync your notes with iphone. Just send the notes from iphone to a specific label called "notes" in your Gmail Account. Is a one-way "sync".

You can copy and paste your notes (one by one) from Gmail to iCloud notes. Open one tab with gmail on your browser and one tab in www.icloud.com. If we talking about 10-50 notes it is worth your time.

Reverse Syncing from Gmail notes to iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.