Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hotspot disappeared on my iPad 3 (wifi+cellular) after iOS 6

Personal hotspot was available and working on my iPad 3 (wifi+cellular). After upgrading to iOS 6, I cannot see anywhere personal hotspot option in the Settings application.

I also have an iPhone 3GS which is also running iOS 6; personal hotspot can be accessed from Settings app menu and working without any problems.

I'd appreciate your help to get personal hotspot working on my iPad 3. Thanks in advance.

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 4:29 AM

6 replies

Nov 4, 2012 9:05 PM in response to sertac.orcun

• Open Settings and tap on “General”
  • Tap on “Reset Network Settings”

Now tap back to Settings and you should see the familiar Personal Hotspot option. Yes, you will lose your wireless network passwords and custom DNS settings by resetting network preferences, so be sure to note any necessary network settings before doing so.

give your iphone a hard boot by holding the power button and home button. This will insha'Allah resolve the issue.

Jan 29, 2013 12:16 PM in response to Dartiesdad

Thank you for your quick response. I am using same operator for both my iPhone and iPad.

On my iPhone, I'm getting "Cellular" option under "Settings>General" and Perdonal Hotspot warks perfectly.

On my iPad, I do not have any "Cellular" option at all.

I even swapped their SIMs. Still no luck.

I think it is a serious iOS 6 bug. Because, I was working (Personal Hotspot) in iOS 5.1.

Personal Hotspot disappeared on my iPad 3 (wifi+cellular) after iOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.