Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stylus not working on the iPad Mini?

I have tried using both the HAND Stylus & the boxwave stylus on my iPad Mini and many times it doesn't work.

In order to for it to get contact I have to press twice as hard as I do on my 3rd gen iPad.

Has any else experienced the touch sensitivity with a stylus is different?

iPad, iOS 6.0.1, iPad Mini 16gb/WiFi

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 10:30 AM

I think this has to do with the lamination of the sensor layer into the glass on the new iPad retina and iPad mini rather than the previous models that had the touch sensors on a separate layer.

Might have to try several styli to find one that works effectively

8 replies

Dec 11, 2012 8:44 PM in response to 5150photo

Had major problems with Hand Stylus on iPad Mini regardless of the app. Other styluses working fine - specifically the Targus and Alupen. My Hand Stylus worked fine on iPad 2, but fails utterly on iPad Mini unless you mash the stylus down very hard, which of course is impractical.

Wrote to Hand to ask if they had any other reports of issues with iPad Mini, no reply.. not exactly the best way to handle problems with a product. Last time I do business with them.

Stylus not working on the iPad Mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.