Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an ipod touch 8gb that is disabled. on the screen it reads ipod disabled connect to itunes. But when i connect it to itunes, it says that it cant work with the ipod because it is locked with a passcode. what now?

I have an ipod touch 8gb that is disabled. on the screen it reads ipod disabled connect to itunes. But when i connect it to itunes, it says that it cant work with the ipod because it is locked with a passcode. what now?

iPod touch

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 5:16 PM

6 replies

Jan 5, 2013 6:05 PM in response to loodlesings

this is the way i just did to recover my ipod and it worked. so you should try it!

1. turn off ipod

2.hold the home button and while holding it plug the ipod in. then a picture of a usb and itunes picture will show up on your device.

3.on itunes on the computer it will say "their is a device in recovery mode" hit "ok" and it will give you the option to restore it.

Nov 7, 2012 5:00 AM in response to loodlesings

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Wrong passcode results in red disabled screen

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

The previous responses did not say how to place in recovery mode or DFU mode

Nov 7, 2012 5:05 AM in response to loodlesings

Very easy connect it to itunes and hold the lock button and the home for a couple seconds it will then go to recovery mode when you take it out of that mode I think your stuff will auto redownload on your ipod. (I don't know I have never disabled one) When you redownload it make sure you make a password you can remember 😀 if this doesn't help see an apple store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.