Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen shows not enough storage and wont allow me to click close or settings. Power off doesnt work either., Screen shows not enough storage and wont allow me to click close or settings. Power off doesnt work either.

Ipad is stuck with the pop up of:

Not enough storeage. This ipad cannot be backedup because there is not enough iCloud storage available. You can manage your storage in settings. Gives the option to click on close or settings. Neither option I can click on nor can I power off.

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 5:10 AM

Try a reset:

Hold the Sleep and Home button down for about 10 second until you see the Apple logo.

4 replies

Nov 7, 2012 5:29 AM in response to gschrau

That behavior occurs from time to time. If you fail to backup your iPad with iCloud on a regular basis you may also get a message to that effect and that message may also freeze your screen and prevent you from using the iPad. When that happens, you have to do the same thing that you just did, reset/reboot the iPad.

You can prevent the "you haven't backed up this iPad" message from popping up by backing up on a regular basis. The only way that you can prevent the other message from popping up is to purchase more storage.

What can you do to prevent those messages from "freezing up" the iPad, As far as I know - nothing at all. It seems to be some type of quirk in the settings that affects some users from time to time. Read the "More Like This" box on the right. There is no setting that you are missing.

Screen shows not enough storage and wont allow me to click close or settings. Power off doesnt work either., Screen shows not enough storage and wont allow me to click close or settings. Power off doesnt work either.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.