Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to transfer notes from ipad to ipad

I have an iPad 1 and I have information typed up in my notes there. Just recently I purchased the iPad 3, and I would like to transfer all the notes I had from my old iPad to the new one. I tried just "transfer purchases" on the old iPad first, it seemed to work at first, but when I plugged the new iPad, nothing was transferred onto the notes in the new one. Please help, thanks.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:15 PM

Notes are contained in the iPad backup. They are not part to the transfer purchases feature which is exactly what it says it is for .... Transferring purchased content from an iDevice into your computer's iTunes library.

You can backup the original iPad with iTunes and then restore the new iPad from the backup of the old iPad. This will restore all device settings, app data, documents, notes, calendar entires, Safari history and bookmarks and everything that iTunes backup - onto the new iPad. After you restore from the backup, sync with iTunes and you should have two identical iPads - with the exception of passwords which will have to be manually entered on the new iPad. Passwords can only be restored to the device from which they were original entered and not to a new device.

Read this for more information

How to backup and restore from a backup

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2012 4:15 PM in response to amityknight

Notes are contained in the iPad backup. They are not part to the transfer purchases feature which is exactly what it says it is for .... Transferring purchased content from an iDevice into your computer's iTunes library.

You can backup the original iPad with iTunes and then restore the new iPad from the backup of the old iPad. This will restore all device settings, app data, documents, notes, calendar entires, Safari history and bookmarks and everything that iTunes backup - onto the new iPad. After you restore from the backup, sync with iTunes and you should have two identical iPads - with the exception of passwords which will have to be manually entered on the new iPad. Passwords can only be restored to the device from which they were original entered and not to a new device.

Read this for more information

How to backup and restore from a backup

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

Nov 8, 2012 4:42 AM in response to amityknight

Also, if you are running iOS 5 on your iPad 1, and you have previously enabled iCloud Notes sync your iPad 1 notes should be in your iCloud account. Simply enable iCloud Notes sync on your iPad 3 to trasnfer the notes.

If you havent't previously enabled iCloud Notes sync on your old iPad, you can transfer your iPad notes to your new iPad without needing to restore from backup using third party applications such as copytrans contacts

Simply run the program on your computer, connect your iPad and export your notes in text files to your coputer.

User uploaded file

After that use the same tool to import the notes to your new iPad.

how to transfer notes from ipad to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.