Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone not activated!

hello , i am restored my iphone to lastest version , but my iphone not activated , i have iphone 3gs , my iphone is unlock factory , by wi-fi i give this error "your iphone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. try connecting your iphone to itunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes."

by itunes i give this error "there is no sim card installed in the iphone you are attempting to activate. please disconnect and insert a sim card in the iphone."

my iphone IMEI: ***

<Edited By Host>

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:49 AM

10 replies

Nov 8, 2012 11:09 AM in response to kayan1337

Is the SIM installed in your phone?

Symptoms

In certain situations, iPhone may present one of the following symptoms:

• "Invalid SIM" or "No SIM Card installed" alert appears intermittently.
  • Status bar displays "No Service", "No SIM" or "Searching" in a location with good network coverage.

Resolution

If you encounter any of the above symptoms on your iPhone, try these steps to attempt to resolve the issue:

1. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  2. Toggle Airplane mode On and Off.
  3. Try turning iPhone off and then on again.
  4. Check for a carrier settings update. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a prompt will appear.
  5. Remove the SIM Card and verify that it is a valid, carrier-manufactured SIM. Also verify that it is not damaged, worn, or modified. Then reinsert it.
  6. Restore the iPhone.

copied from iPhone: Troubleshooting 'No Service' or 'No SIM Card Installed'

Nov 9, 2012 4:09 AM in response to kayan1337

The iPhone is NOT available in Iran. It is illegal to export the iPhone to Iran or to sell one to anyone with the intent of taking it to Iran.

99% of the phones that end up there are hacked to unlock them.

If you purchased it from a legitimate source in another country and believe it was not hacked or jailbroken, then take it back to that country and have the genius at the Apple Store look at it.

The problem you have is symptomatic of having updated a hacked or jailbroken phone.

I'm sorry. I'ts not easy to hear, but your phone was hacked and it is now bricked. No one here can help you.

my iphone not activated!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.