Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Activation-Apple ID Username or password incorrect

This is really strange. I go to Settings > Messages and am presented a "Enter Apple ID" screen. I sign in with my email address and Apple ID password. I KNOW my Apple ID login info is correct but my iPad keeps telling me 'The user name or password for 'xxxxxx@mac.com" was incorrect. Try again".

How can this be? I even assured it was correct by using it on my iMessage on my iMac & MacBook. It is the correct login and password. I also logged out of my iTunes/App Stores and relogged back in with my Apple ID and password and it worked.

This is the second issue I've had with my iPad. Yesterday I tried to get the new Amazon Instant Video player to work and it would not. I wrote it off as a problem with THEIR app. But now I wonder if it isn't something going kooky with my iPad.

So, there's my problem. Anybody out there have a solution? I do not want to create another Apple ID.

Thanks!

CJ Hazer

iPad, iOS 6.0.1, 3rd Gen

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:45 AM

14 replies

Jan 2, 2013 8:52 PM in response to CeeJaa@Mac

1) Go here: http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/manage/

2) Click on Sign in to manage your Apple ID

3) Click on Manage your Apple ID

4) Type in your Apple ID and Password and click Sign in

5) Select Addresses from the left hand side

6) Click Edit

7) In country region type United Kingdom

8) Click Save at the bottom of the page

9) Go to your Apple Device Settings - General - International - Region Format - Select United Kingdom

10) Press the Home button

11) Log into Facetime and iMessage with your CORRECT APPLE ID AND PASSWORD

This should work for all of you guys. Hope it helps.

iMessage Activation-Apple ID Username or password incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.