Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn on homesharing on iPad? I do not see the menu bar on the left side in iTunes. Thank you in advance

How do I turn on homesharing on iPad? I do not see the menu bar on the left side in iTunes. Thank you in advance

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 6:43 PM

10 replies

Nov 12, 2012 7:00 PM in response to Apple Yogi

The menu bar that you are describing is in iTunes on the computer - not iTunes on the iPad. It is in the grey side bar on the left side of the iTunes window.

You can launch iTunes on your computer and go Advanced>Turn on Home Sharing. You will have to enter your Apple ID and password and then click create home sharing. Make sure that you go to Edit>Preferences> Sharing and turn on Share my library in my local network and also Share entire library.

On the iPad go to Settings>Music>Home Sharing and sign in with your Apple ID. You can also do this in the Settings>Videos but once you do it in one setting, it is turned on in both apps.

Read this about setting up home sharing.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4557

Aug 10, 2013 8:31 AM in response to ojhurst

ojhurst wrote:

This is a knowledge base. Apple Yogi is not the only one who will ever have this question.

Actually, it's a discussion forum. The knowledge base is elswhere. Reactivating dormant, resloved threads (yes, I know it wasn't marked as such but reading it makes it obvious) with additional "answers" just makes it harder for current questions to get seen and answered.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.