Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How accurate is GPS for Find My iPhone?

So, yesterday, I had my phone during lunch with the other teachers for Parent-Teacher conferences. Then, presto! It disappeared. Just like that. I walked back to my classroom and I no longer had it. I used Find My iPhone yesterday, but wasn't able to locate it exactly. I tried "Play a Sound" but I heard nothing. I put in Lost Mode with a message and contact phone number.

Now, I think it was inadvertantly thrown away. It is currently shown behind the lunchroom near the teacher's parking lot. So, here are my questions: How accurate is the GPS? Will the GPS still work after the battery has died? I received an update via email this morning that it was at an address different from it's last location (at 11:11 last night), but still within the school's campus. Is this the plus or minus 50 feet or so given for GPS accuracy?

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:20 AM

" So, here are my questions: How accurate is the GPS?"

Depends on conditions, view of the sky, etc. 10 ft to 100 yards

"Will the GPS still work after the battery has died?"

No.

" Is this the plus or minus 50 feet or so given for GPS accuracy?"

Maybe

1 reply

How accurate is GPS for Find My iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.