Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube buffering and WiFi speed slow on iPad

I got my first iPad a week ago, and I've had nothing but slow YouTube buffering speeds when playing high definition videos. However, it's not always slow. Sometimes it buffers a few times faster than video playback time, and sometimes it just barely keeps up. Most of the time it lags behind and forces me to wait multiple times, for long periods of time, to let it buffer (unacceptable). I rarely have YouTube buffering issues on my computer and they only last for short periods of time.

Speedtest.net results:

11-20Mbsp on my Macbook Pro (10.8.2)

5-9Mbps on my iPad (6.0.1)

7-12Mbps on my iPhone (6.0.1)

Upload on all of them are ~2-2.5Mbps

First of all, why does the iPad get such poor data speeds compared to my other devices? Secondly, what is going on with YouTube buffering? As i'm writing this, I'm attempting to buffer a 1080p video on my computer and its doing horribly. I did another speed test and got 14.34Mbps down, so its clearly not my bandwidth. I've reset my router and modem, didn't help. Is it the iPad's slow

I'm a Youtube junkie and part of the reason I bought this iPad was for viewing YouTube so I'm considerably upset about this. I hope someone has some advice that's helpful 😟

I use the app, McTube on my iPad to view YouTube videos.

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 5:00 PM

There are no replies.

YouTube buffering and WiFi speed slow on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.