Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad is stuck on the apple logo and wont return to the home screen. I plugged it into my itunes but I don't know what to do from there. Can someone please help?

Hi, I'm having trouble with my Ipad 2. I was recently playing a game and my ipad just shut off on me. Then when I turned it back on it was stuck on the Apple Logo and it won't go to the home screen at all. I plugged it in my itunes but I don't know what to do from there. I left it charged hoping the apple logo would dissappear but it didn't and now for some reason the battery is always dead. I really need help. Does anybody have any suggestions? Please.

iPad 2, iOS 4

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2017 11:53 PM

There is a way though so make sure you follow these instructions carefully:

1. Hold the home and power buttons down together

2. The Apple logo should disappear from your screen

3. After a couple of minutes it should reappear – when it does, release the buttons

4. Quickly hold them both down again until your device goes off

5. Plug the USB cable into your computer (not to your device yet)

6. Hold the Home button down and plug the cable to your device

7. When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the button

8. iTunes will open and the Device in Recovery message will appear

Click on Restore

If the method can't fix your problem, you may try this tool.

Steps to Fix iPad Stuck on Apple Logo Issue

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2017 11:53 PM in response to wreninr

There is a way though so make sure you follow these instructions carefully:

1. Hold the home and power buttons down together

2. The Apple logo should disappear from your screen

3. After a couple of minutes it should reappear – when it does, release the buttons

4. Quickly hold them both down again until your device goes off

5. Plug the USB cable into your computer (not to your device yet)

6. Hold the Home button down and plug the cable to your device

7. When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the button

8. iTunes will open and the Device in Recovery message will appear

Click on Restore

If the method can't fix your problem, you may try this tool.

Steps to Fix iPad Stuck on Apple Logo Issue

Nov 17, 2012 8:16 PM in response to Nicolee94

Did you try rebooting the iPad? You will need to have some battery power for this.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

This may be helpful

Nov 17, 2012 8:51 PM in response to Nicolee94

If a reset doesn't work, try and force your iPad into Recovery Mode (data will be lost)

1. Turn off iPad

2. Connect USB cable to computer; leave the other end alone

3. Press and hold the Home button down and connect the docking end of cable to iPad

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect To iTune" screen

5. Release the Home button

6. Open iTune

7. You should see "iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode"

8. Use iTune to restore iPad

Note: You need to be patient and repeat the above many times to recover your iPad

Nov 26, 2014 6:16 PM in response to Nicolee94

OK folks, this is the solution to the problem of iPhone/iPad stuck on Apple logo screen; Cannot shut device down; iTunes and computer will not recognize device after plugging in to USB port: (At least it was the solution for me. Worked for both iPhone 5c and iPad 2 Retina.)

PLEASE NOTE: Restoring your device using iTunes may result in the resetting of your device to factory condition. Data may be lost. If you have previously backed up your device to iTunes, you can use this backup point plus iCloud to restore most of your data and settings.

Plug device into computer running iTunes, using the USB cable. (If iTunes recognizes your device, you can stop here and restore your device - either as new or from a previous backup)

Reset your device - while plugged in - by holding down the home and sleep buttons for several seconds. The apple logo should blink off and your computer and iTunes will recognize that your device is plugged in.

Proceed with restoring your device using iTunes on your computer. If iTunes doesn't automatically recognize that your device is in recovery mode, click the name of your device in the left pane of the iTunes window, then proceed with the restoration of your device. If you have ever backed your device up to iTunes, you can choose to restore from that backup point. Otherwise, you will have to restore the device as new (factory reset) and will lose your data - however, all apps, free and paid, can be redownloaded from iTunes. Also, if you have backed up any data or media from your device to iCloud, you can restore that data using your device and a WiFi connection.

Hope this helps.

My ipad is stuck on the apple logo and wont return to the home screen. I plugged it into my itunes but I don't know what to do from there. Can someone please help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.