Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my facebook app keeps crashing but only when im logged into my account?

When i go into my facebook app after a couple of seconds it just exits and goes back to the home screen. I have tried everything, deleting the app and re-installing and then turning my phone off the soft and hard way yet still nothing works. I have realised it only crashes when logged into my account as i signed into my friends on my phone and it works perfectly. If anyone has anyone has any clue on how to fix this problem please help me.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 1:15 PM

3 replies

Nov 20, 2012 4:13 AM in response to hollydonohoe

Hey I've had exactly the same problem as everyone else but have sorted it. I don't know what is causing the exact issue, whether Jailbroken or not, although know for sure that on MY iPhone4S running 5.1.1 if I use Facebook 5.1 it crashes ONLY on the news feed and when using Facebook 5.2 it just crashes and won;t even allow me to login. I managed to obtain a copy of Facebook 5.0.1 online and had the same issues.

After hours of searching I have managed to obtain a copy of Facebook 5.0.0 and GUARANTEE that it will work without crashes. I reckon that in the 5.0.1 and later updates, Facebook must have changed something to work differently which has caused nothing but trouble.

I am happy to share the link and have it stored in my Dropbox account by following this link -->https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kkb98wu64in0jgk/4UMjfvUwD6. What I would appreciate for this is people to use this link here to sign up for Dropbox under an email account so I can get more space...--> http://db.tt/rROKgde. I really appreciate it!

Please comment to let me know if it worked for you but I'm positive it will. Just make sure you delete the existing app off your phone AND your iTunes on your computer, then download the Facebook 5.0.0 ipa, double click to add to iTunes then sync your device.

Glad I could help! Let's hope Facebook sort things out, what a nightmare hey!

my facebook app keeps crashing but only when im logged into my account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.