Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What ios will refurbished ipad 2 or 3 ship with?

(I hate ios 6).

so, im c,onsidering getting a refurbished ipad from the apple store online.

Anyone know what ios the following would ship with?

1. Ipad 2 16gb refurbished,

2. ipad 2 64 gb refurbished

3.Ipad 2 16 gb (new, not refurbished)

4. Ipad 3 16 gb refurb

Thinking about replacing my ipad 3 with an ipad 2 if i can get ios 5 working on it.

Will any of these above ship with ios 5 perhaps?

Did they start changing the ipad 2 default ios?

Would make sense since it never really shipped as an ios 6 device?

Also, just throwing it out there although i think i know the answer.

Would i be able to erase my ipad 3rd gen and have it revert to its original opperating system when purchased?

iPad

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 5:04 PM

4 replies

Nov 19, 2012 5:53 PM in response to jw99515

There are was to revert to iOS 5, but they are not covered by warranty, and not supported by Apple at all and as such can't be talked about here.

I'm sure you can find something if you google for "iOS 5 rollback"

As for refuted units, it's standard policy to release any and all units even refurbed nes with the most up t date iOS. So you'll likely not find a refurb with anything other than iOS6 .

Also I would never change a retina iPad 3 for regular iPad 2

Nov 20, 2012 7:31 AM in response to jw99515

I hardly think it would be barely usable. I have iOs 6 on my iPad 2 and iPad 3 and there's nothing worng.

If you have some severe issues. Perhaps a reset as new and reinstall of iOS6 may work.

Also as I have suggested there are ways to roll bakc if you want to.

Gojng form an iPad 3 to a 2 is not a good choice. Its like going from a Ferrari to Cadillac. Yes its still a good car, but nowhere near a Ferrari in perormance.

What ios will refurbished ipad 2 or 3 ship with?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.