Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get video from my iPad to my TV? I have connected the HDMI cable to ipad

I am trying to play video from my iPad 2 running iOS version 6.0.1 on my Samsung TV. I have connected the HDMI & Apple digital AV adapter cables to the iPad & TV. A message appears on the iPad saying video is now playing on the TV but nothing appears on the TV screen. In the Videos section of Settings I do not have a TV out setting. Can anyone help?

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 6:13 AM

8 replies

Nov 21, 2012 10:09 AM in response to Geojarv

What model of Samsung is your TV?

Make sure your Tv is set to to the correct input. TV's can have more than one plug of the same type, so they are set to different inputs. They may not all have direct access keys on the remote.

Find the Input button on the remote and press it. It should bring up a menu of inputs you can choose from.

For instance my TV has 4 HDMI inputs. And each has a different port that you connect to.

Nov 21, 2012 11:03 AM in response to Geojarv

it would make sense if the input is already set to that source.

There's really no configuration necessarry. As soon as i plug the iPad into the adapter, the adapter into the HDMI cable, and the cable to the TV i get the iPad screen on the TV.

You may want to try with another HDMI cable if possible.

Also try resetting the iPad while not plugged into the TV. Hoild down the Home and power buttons until the apple Logo appears. (no data will be lost)

When the iPad turns back on, connect it to the TV, and see if will mirror then. You should be seeing your iPad screen on the TV.

Nov 28, 2012 10:03 AM in response to Geojarv

Geojarv - I'm having the same problems getting iPad 2 output via HDMI to the TV.

I have an iPad2 using Apple's 30 pin to AV Adapter. I originally thought this was an Apple not supporting Samsung thing so I tried it on the Sony Bravia TV downstairs with the same results.

I've tried plugging in both the Apple 30 pin connector and HDMI cable thinking it might need power but that didn't help.

I get the TV icon in the Video playbar letting me toggle output choices. Sometimes it says Dock Connector or not at all (just showing Airport Extreme Audio or Apple TV). On my iPhone 4 playing Video it will toggle between Dock Connector and iPhone in the output options.

Using a $24 Central Computer iPhone/iPad to HDMI knock off connector I have gotten this to work in the past, but because I ran into issues I went and picked up the official Apple AV Adapter cable. Currently neither solution works so I'm wondering if this is an Apple iOS (6.0.1) issue since I've swapped out the other variables (2 TVs, 2 iOS devices, 2 HDMI cables, 2 HDMI adapters).

I'll keep playing with it, but I'm not currently able to help my kid with his school video project because I can't figure a clean way of screen recording from his iPad into iMovie.

thoughts?

User uploaded file

How can I get video from my iPad to my TV? I have connected the HDMI cable to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.