Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to get Whatsapp on an old Iphone 3G... but it says Iphone version too old...who can help ?

I gave my dad my old Iphone 3G and want to get him Whatsapp so we can chat without any payment for messages... but it keeps saying his software version of 4.2.1 is too old and needs atleast 4.3.

Can I download that version somewhere ?? Or can someone help with advice how to put Whatsapp on this 3G Iphone... I am sure when I used to have the phone it worked on mine... thanks...

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 12:06 PM

Whatsapp is updated to work with the new iOS. That is a decision by the app developer. You may want to check with the developer about it, however, you can only install apps through the App Store, so there would really be no way to get it unless you have an older version a computer that you have not updated.

3 replies

Trying to get Whatsapp on an old Iphone 3G... but it says Iphone version too old...who can help ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.