Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I engrave my name on iPhone 5

iPhone 5

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 7:00 AM

If you are buying a new one from Apple, you can have it engraved when you order it.

If you are asking if you can engrave it or get it engraved after purchase, then yes, if you find someone who has the right tools to do it. The back isn't a simple aluminum case that anyone with an engraving machine can scratch your name into.

The next question is do you really want to? One school of thought is that engraving makes it worthless if you upgrade later and want to sell it. And engraving really doesn't make a phone less prone to theft or more likely to be returned if lost.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2012 7:00 AM in response to Nancy Ayoub

If you are buying a new one from Apple, you can have it engraved when you order it.

If you are asking if you can engrave it or get it engraved after purchase, then yes, if you find someone who has the right tools to do it. The back isn't a simple aluminum case that anyone with an engraving machine can scratch your name into.

The next question is do you really want to? One school of thought is that engraving makes it worthless if you upgrade later and want to sell it. And engraving really doesn't make a phone less prone to theft or more likely to be returned if lost.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.