Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get the headphone jack on my iPad mini to work. Plug is completely inserted. Any suggestions?

I cannot get the iphone jack on my new iPad mini to work. Sound continues through iPad speakers and nothing comes through headphones. It's plugged in exactly the same as my iPad 3. Any suggestions?

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 8:54 AM

If you know the earphone jack is good and it works on another iPad then most likely there is a problem with the sound out port on the iPad.

First thing to try is a reboot of your device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes your problem.

If that doesn't help, make an appointment at an Apple Store for a consultation.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2012 8:54 AM in response to rickfromleague city

If you know the earphone jack is good and it works on another iPad then most likely there is a problem with the sound out port on the iPad.

First thing to try is a reboot of your device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes your problem.

If that doesn't help, make an appointment at an Apple Store for a consultation.

Apr 10, 2013 3:19 PM in response to rickfromleague city

I have the same problem and am using a brand new Apple headset. Researched Apple forums for hints and do see other threads about this. I've tried just about all the suggestions but the only one that seems to work for a short period of time is the cold reset with pwr+home. Problem returns after a short period of time. Not sure if it's software/apps incompatibility or hardware, or a combination of both...

So I chose this forum thread to post and opened a case with Apple Support: Case#43320343

Apple tech support is requesting that I do another restore but this time "restore as another user" meaning that I won't be able to use iCloud restore. Make sense so I will be backing this up locally on my iMac at home later this weekend and will update.

Thank in advance for any constructive input.

I can't get the headphone jack on my iPad mini to work. Plug is completely inserted. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.