Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 screen repair

I got my iPhone 4 for Christmas just gone, and last night I went out and stupidly dropped my phone front screen down and the whole top half of my phone is cracked. it's still working completely but its difficult to read. how much will it be to repair it?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 11:22 AM

At an Apple Store it will be $149 USD to do an out-of-warranty replacement. They will not fix the screen they will replace the entire phone on the spot. Make a Genius Bar appointment before you go.

You can use Google to find 3rd party repair sites that will just replace the screen.

3 replies

Nov 23, 2012 11:30 AM in response to bethxxxxxo

The problem with the 3rd party repair shop is if they replace the screen for say $89 and you get the phone back there is no guarantee that something else in the iphone isn't damaged, say the logic board. So now you take it back to them and they charge you $139 to replace the logic board.

If you go the Apple route you will get a service replacement so no worries as to something else being damaged and you get a 90 day warranty or the remainder of your warranty, whichever is longer.

I would make the Genius Bar appointment.

iPhone 4 screen repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.